Inframon Presents The War On Cost
HMS Belfast, London
System Center Service Manager 2010
Nigel Cain, Senior PM, email@example.com
Service Manager – front end/management, reporting, SS portal to CfgMgr & OpsMgr.. e.g. a end-user could request an app, and CfgMgr would deploy… no manual intervention req’d! J
Solutions to automate common IT processes, integrated with rest of SC suite,
– Beta 2 is available on Connect now, go download it!
– no extra agents required to populate CMdB
– engineer/activity tracking built in for measuring against SLA
– service level management, differing service levels across customer
SCVMM 2008 R2
Single pane of glass view, all orchestration is performed through PowerShell hence powerful scripting, etc.
– How to manage VM sprawl..
– PRO tips to manage the Hyper-V host environment
SCDPM 2007 & 2010
Jason Buffington, firstname.lastname@example.org (jasonbuffington.com)
– DPM 2010 x64 bit only
– Use the Exchange & DPM storage calculator
– SQL sizing using perfmon to capture write bytes/min, run for a day then extrapolate
– LCR dropped for Exchange 2010…
– DPM DR, run the tapes at the backup site – compliance with off-site, they are already!
– All Exchange replication technologies are for HA, not archive – DPM is for archive!
– 2010 will auto protect new databases when they come online