Below is a PowerShell function I wrote as part of a larger script for collating useage statistics from a SaaS environment where it is impractial to know if the database in question will or won’t be one which contains the data needed. By querying the table schema and returning true/false as the output, it allows for its output to be used in an If condition for whether to proceed with running the subsequent queries.
WordPress page load times chronically slow in Azure. Continue reading “Part 1: Speeding up WordPress on Azure”
This script deals with expanding the logical volumes in windows after they have been expanded in the hypervisor. It will work on any windows server which you have remote PowerShell access to, in fact it tests for that before attempting to expand the disks.
It does however make an assumption about disks and volumes. They are hard coded rather than dynamically determined. You’ll need to update it for your server drive lettering standards. Continue reading “Bulk expanding disks after increasing their physical size”
Below is a list of WordPress plugins that I find I use over and over again. Posting it here for my own future reference as much as for sharing it. Continue reading “My most useful WordPress plugins”
Quick post on getting started with Chocolatey.
We have a customer who is using Colligo Engage for Outlook, uploading emails to SharePoint Online and tagging them with some additional metadata for other departments to keep track of what is occurring.
All of that is well and good but the name column was just too long to display along with all the other columns in the library view. This is a pretty common problem with long file names and one you can usually solve with users who are uploading traditional files but with this process they didn’t modify the file name Colligo automatically generated.
This post covers creating custom reports from SharePoint lists in Excel by joining SharePoint lists together. It specifically addresses the issues with People Picker and Lookup columns returning the row ID rather than the value. Continue reading “Creating reports from SharePoint lists”